LM Remote KeyMap Web Remote : control your PC from any Web browser or your iPhone
|Download Free Version|
The LM Remote KeyMap Web Remote allows you to control your PC from any web browser, as well as controlling your IR devices if you are using an IR blaster with LM Remote KeyMap.
The Web Remote replicates your PC remote control in your web browser. You'll mainly use the web remote on another device, like another PC or a web enabled mobile phone with WiFi : you can turn your iPhone / mobile phone into a powerful universal remote.
LM Remote KeyMap Web Remote features a dedicate iPhone web application.
To install the Web Remote, you'll need to download it and install it on a PC that is currently running LM Remote KeyMap.
The Web Remote comes in two editions :
- Web Remote for IIS : you should download and install this edition if you can install Internet Information Server on your Windows PC (some editions of XP / Vista and Windows 7). This is the recommended edition to download as IIS is more secure.
- Standalone Web Remote : you should download and install this edition if you cannot (or don't want to) install Internet Information Server on your PC. The standalone Web Remote will install the UltraDev Cassini Web Server on your PC, it is less secure than IIS and as such should only be made accessible through your local network only.
After installation you should find a shortcut to the Web Remote home page in the LM Remote KeyMap start menu folder. The shortcut should point to http://localhost/webremote for the IIS edition or http://localhost:7756/GoToApplication.aspx?AppID=A3B9AB6E-7258-4D91-BB4B-01AFDA199EB7 for the Standalone edition
When you will call the Web Remote from another computer replace "localhost" by the name of your machine or its IP address.
When launching the shortcut your web browser will open on the Web Remote Home Page:
The home page display a screenshot of your desktop as well as the currently focused application name.
From here you can go to :
- PC Remote : to access to the virtual web remote, the remote will have the same buttons as your currently configured LM Remote KeyMap remote. You can click on each button and one some browsers repeated button press will work (for Volume / Arrows / Skip Forward / Backward buttons)
- IR Devices : to access the list of your LM Remote KeyMap IR devices
- Options : the Web Remote Options
For the iPhone specific Web application go to the "Options" menu and in the options select the "iPhone" skin. You'll get the dedicated iPhone interface and behavior (you can even add the Web remote to your iPhone start page)